If you'll remember last week, I started a new project at home to stay on top of chores and it's been working well for me so far! I've got a jar with light blue and dark blue pieces of paper and I pull 2 light ones and 1 dark one each day. The light ones have my daily chores and the dark ones have my weekly chores.
I like it! Here are the good things:
- It's flexible with my schedule
- It's forgiving when I miss something. I can just roll that chore over to the next day.
- The colors and the cute jar make it fun to use.
- I added things I enjoy doing, like coloring and reading, so it's easier to do the less fun things, like sweeping. Ugh.
- I threw in some exercise because why not?
Here's what can be improved:
- One of my daily chores can definitely become a weekly chore. Getting every single surface clean is more time-consuming than I anticipated.
- I need a better way to display the papers of the day. Something quick and easy to access.
- This needs a new name! Chores are dull. How about "bonus points"? "Git 'er done"? "Mystery quests?" Let me know what you'd call yours!